Stats from 2017, showing who is shopping, where they are mostly shopping from, what venues they are using to shop?
– 95% of Americans shop online at least yearly.
– 48% of millennials have shopped on marketplaces, 76% at large retailer sites, 46% on webstores or independent boutiques, and 29% at category-specific online stores.
– 40% of Parents spend more of their budget online in comparison to 34% of non-parents.
The top three factors influential in where Americans shop are :
– price (87%), shipping cost and speed (80%) and discount offers (71%).
How shoppers are encouraged?
– 30% of online shoppers say they would be likely to make a purchase from a social media network like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat.
– Online shoppers want products to be brought to life with images (78%) and product reviews (69%).