I just published the first episode of my new podcast! Listen to Marketpolitan on Anchor https://anchor.fm/marketpolitan/episodes/Personal-Finance-and-Budgeting-ef7bnt
Stats from 2017, showing who is shopping, where they are mostly shopping from, what venues they are using to shop?
– 95% of Americans shop online at least yearly.
– 48% of millennials have shopped on marketplaces, 76% at large retailer sites, 46% on webstores or independent boutiques, and 29% at category-specific online stores.
– 40% of Parents spend more of their budget online in comparison to 34% of non-parents.
The top three factors influential in where Americans shop are :
– price (87%), shipping cost and speed (80%) and discount offers (71%).
How shoppers are encouraged?
– 30% of online shoppers say they would be likely to make a purchase from a social media network like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat.
– Online shoppers want products to be brought to life with images (78%) and product reviews (69%).
This is our first blog, our goal is to provide helpful and practical information for all the owners and operators of independent retail stores. In addition to this blog we also work with retailers through our company, Marketpolitan LLC. Our company operates through our showroom space at AmericasMart Atlanta.